Monday, October 13, 2014

Dark side of Thailand. Detention room story. Bangkok.

Sometimes things go the other way we plan.
Sometimes things go completely the opposite way.

This time instead of one month vacation in Thailand I was put in detention room under the Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok. At the passport contol it turned out that I have too many "visa runs" in past and can't come to Thailand without visa, as I used to believe. Unfortunately, there is not much information about this.

So I didn't enter Thailad and after a few hours I found myself in a local "prison" for a people awaiting for deportation.

For a 700 baht a day I learned many interesting things about the rules and laws of the Kingdom and here are a few of them.

1. There is a law that Thai immigration can refuse your entry if they find you suspicious.
That was also one of the reasons for me, but the fun victim of that law was one guy from Qatar Airways crew.
He uses to fly quite often and visited Bangkok about three times for the past week, staying for a short time.
So the guys from immigration thought he can do something wrong, like childred abuse, etc., and brought him in the detention room.

2. Nobody secured from being suspicious.
As that guy, working for the airline company, I found many other lucky people to spend some time with me.
One of them left his money in his baggage and was unable to show 700$ on control. But only his watch was much more exensive than that.

3. It is not so easy to get out of the detention room.
One of my new friends with diplomatic passport has bought a ticket to Afghanistan, but still was unable to get out because one can't fly away by Qatar, Emirates, and Etihad. I spent there 4 days and all this time he was trying to find a flight to get out.
As for me, I wasn't ablo to buy ticket by myself because someone from the aircompany I flew in should come after me. But the aircompany was closed for 4 days and the immigration office refused to make it the other way.

So be wise and don't be suspicious !







No comments:

Post a Comment